Sunday, January 28, 2007

January 07 Factoids

- In the recent survey from the United States, married women are now a minority group. As the report says, 51% of women in America are single, single with child or divorced, and they chose to stay that way. Ouch. So much for the family being the vital institution of society. Families are getting scarce nowadays...specially in the west. Okei lang, bring in more Filipinos there so we could take over. Wehehehe.

- Everyone knows that Hillary Clinton will run for Presidency. Yeah, and Bill will be back in the White House if tht happens. Woohoo! Interns!

But do you know that her closest opponent is a black Illinois Senator named Barack Obama?
I guess many of you know him for he is a suprisingly famous candidate. But still, many dumb Americans (or most Americans) think Obama is Osama. What's more scarier? Barack Obama's middle name is Hussein. No joke.

- In our country, it's really obvious that politicians are in the "campaign mode" already. You could smell the filth in the air. Can't you see it? Mark Jimenez starts to act like a born again preacher, Ping Lacson exposes more scandal or anything that could detract from people probing HIM for scandal, we see television commercials with hidden agendas, we see Government officials being axed out of their jobs, we see ENDLESS road repairs since before holiday season...all at the SAME TIME, most of all...we see enemies become friends and friends become enemies.

It's all natural in our policital zoo. It's a place where you can find no permanent friends, no permanent enemies, only permanent interests.

- Italy now has a strict rule for models to have a medical permit before struting down the catwalk. It's about time dude! The world is watching a fashion show, not an African feeding program.

- Even though it didn't have much impact on the box office even in America, Blood Diamond is one good piece of work. I suprisingly enjoyed the movie. It's really good to have low expectations when watching a movie. That theory is always proven....except for the time I watched Tatlong Baraha. Have you seen Mark Lapid's new byline? For the love of God...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6cufhldqSU

- Have you been to the Mall of Asia? I mean, I've been there in the "building process" back in 2005 for about three to four times a week since we are working on many deals there. I'm so sick and tired of it that I never really saw it when it opened since last year. So there, I finally had the patience to go back and see it open.

One tip, never bring back your girl there for shopping reasons. Women never gets tired of mall walking. Specially if you think that their fave stores are all divided apart. CMG is far from Nine West, Nine West is Far from Mango, and Mango is far from VNC...you know the pattern. Get ready to kill your feet.


- I apologize again for the lack of update. As I told you before, I don't have much grip of my time. I'm back in night shift this week and it pains me just to think that the place I live in is not conjusive for day sleeping. At least I have more time playing Guildwars since I'm awake most of the time. Yipee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home